Nigeria is blessed with different plants and vegetables. Among them is a vegetable called Editan.
Also known as Atama leaf in Igbo, Editan leaf is native to the South-South region of Nigeria.
It is commonly used to prepare the Abak Atama soup popular among the Efik and Ibibio tribes of Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.
Editan is packed full of benefits such as fiber and vitamins including A, B, C, E, Folic acid, and minerals such as iron and calcium.
Here are some of them.
1. Editan leaf is effective in treating anemia and lack of iron.
2. It is great for diabetics as it helps control blood sugar levels.
3. It aids digestion and relieves constipation by acting as a laxative.
4. It is known to promote the healing of wounds.
5. Editan leaf helps to boost infertility by increasing ovulation.
6. It has high dietary fiber content which aids weight loss and improves metabolism.
7. It is proven to aid in treating ulcers.
8. It serves as a great addition to your diet.