Connect with us

News Now Nigeria

Kuje prison break: Majority of escaped inmates still at large – Aregbesola

Published

on

Advertisement

Factual Pursuit of Truth for Progress

Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, says a majority of the inmates that escaped from the Kuje correctional centre in Abuja in July are still at large.

Advertisement

Terrorists had stormed the facility on July 5 and freed hundreds of inmates, including suspected Boko Haram members.

Some of the criminals that escaped have been rearrested by top Police in different states.

Advertisement

However, the Minister, during the presentation of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration’s scorecard in Abuja, on Tuesday, said findings by security agents on the attack had been forwarded to President Buhari for further action.

In his words, “We have levels of investigation. We have concluded our investigation in the ministry and the (correctional) service, and we have sent the outcome of that investigation to the President. It is a security matter; we do not disclose every security information. I’m not saying it loudly, because it is security.

Advertisement

“But all I’m going to say is this; with the police and other security agencies, we have captured some of the escapees, but a large number is still at large. What we are very confident about is that it will no longer be easy for anybody to violate our facilities.”

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

one × 2 =

Advertisement

Trending

X