Read PDP, Peoples Democratic Party’s crisis News and top Naija News headlines for today, November 8, 2022 below.
PDP Will Face The Biggest Problems Ever In Coming Weeks – Ayo Fayose
Former Governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose has warned the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party might get messier in coming weeks.
In a tweet he shared, Fayose expressed concerns on the “serious turbulence” rocking the main opposition party, while also calling for it to be resolved.
Governor Ortom vows to die before supporting Atiku
I see more serious turbulence for PDP more than ever before.I have been silent all this while hoping that things will get better.I advise we do more than we are doing now to resolve this crisis as events in days/weeks ahead may likely get messier.I pray this advice is not ignored.
Governor Ortom vows to die before supporting Atiku
Due to the ki .llings in Benue State by Fulanis , Governor Samuel Ortom has withdrawn his support for Atiku Abubakar
Naija News NG reports that Samuel Ortom said he will never support a Fulani man but will work with anyone from any other tribe .
He made this vow on Saturday night while hosting the G-5 Governors which he is a member of .
READ : Ortom Alleges Atiku Works With Miyetti Allah , Withdraws Support
He played host to Governors Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state, Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state in Government House, Makurdi.
The Governors visited for the commissioning of projects done by Governor Samuel Ortom and to plan ahead of the flog-off of PDP 2023 election campaigns .
The publication stated that Ortom who lamented the killing of 18 people in his Local government last week, said;
“To hell with Atiku and anyone supporting him. They should go and tell him. You want me to be slave for a Fulani. It’s better I die. Anybody supporting Atiku is an enemy of Benue.
“My people are being killed and you want me to be quiet.
My tenure ends in may and you can do what ever you want if you think you have the powers. I have written my will. When I gave it to my wife, she cried all night.
If I die at 62, many of my mates have gone long time ago and If I die today, I’m a fulfilled person but let it be recorded that I died resisting the invasion and killing of my people.
“I will never support a Fulani man to become president. If there is another person who is ready to work with me and ensure the security of my people, I will work with him,” Ortom said.
He said Wike holds a title as the Eagle of Tiv land noting that when he, Ortom, was attacked, Wike was the first person who roared that ”kill Ortom and you have killed the whole Nigeria.”
“He did not keep quiet when Benue was under siege, he visited with stakeholders from Rivers state and committed N250 million and subsequently he has committed over N700 million to Benue IDPs.
Bleachers United – Femi Fani-Kayode Mocks Atiku And Dino Melaye
Femi Fani-Kayode a former Aviation Minister has called Atiku Abubakar and Dino Melaye ‘Bleachers United’ .
Naija News NG reports that Femi Fani-Kayode shared an image of the PDP Presidential candidate and his Spokesperson, Dino Melaye pointing out their bleached legs, added an image of Caro White cream and tagged it ‘Bleachers United’ with three laugh emojis .
READ : I Have Taken Enough From You – Peter Obi Fires Back At Dino Melaye
Bola Tinubu Will Not Attend Presidential Debates – Festus Keyamo
Festus Keyamo has said his principal, Bola Tinubu , does not have plans to attend any media organized debates for the 2023 election.
Naija News NG reports that Festus Keyamo said Bola Tinubu has decided to talk to Nigerians directly .
This is coming after Bola Tinubu and his Vice Presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima were absent at the Arise TV Town Hall Meeting on Sunday, 6 November 2023 .
The candidate of Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, Bola Tinubu, may not attend any presidential debates before February’s presidential election, his campaign team said Sunday night.
Mr Tinubu on Sunday shunned the presidential debate organised by Arise Television and a civic group, the latest such miss by the APC candidate.
In his reaction to why Mr Tinubu was absent at Sunday’s event, Festus Keyamo, the spokesperson of the APC’s Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) said Mr Tinubu did not attend to avoid “selective appearance”
Mr Keyamo, in the Sunday statement, explained that several television stations have indicated interest to host similar events. However, Mr Tinubu has no plan to attend any but prefers to speak to Nigerians directly, he said.
“Firstly, many radio and TV networks in Nigeria have indicated interest to host such debates and out of deference to other TV and radio stations, our candidate will not be making selective appearances on some networks, whilst ignoring others,” he said.
READ : Nigerians Boo Ifeanyi Okowa At Arise TV Town Hall Series
Sunday’s debate, tagged Arise News presidential town hall series, was organized by the Centre for Democracy and Development and Arise Television.
Before Sunday’s miss, Mr Tinubu had avoided similar events by the body of lawyers, NBA, and the body of chartered accountants, ICAN. Mr Tinubu’s running mate, Kashim Shettima, attended the NBA event in his stead but the candidate had no representative in Sunday’s debate[/i].
Although the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar did not attend Sunday’s debate, he was represented by his running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa, who disclosed that the former vice president is out of the country.
Peter Obi of the Labour Party, Kola Abiola of the Peoples Redemption Party, and Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) attended the Sunday event in person.
Tinubu to be fair by avoiding all debates
Mr Keyamo, in the statement, said the candidate cannot afford to attend one debate while ignoring others.
He also claimed that the candidate has other engagements and so is unable to attend the debate series.
He added that the candidate will prefer speaking directly with voters through town hall meetings and campaign rallies.
Mr Tinubu’s decision to avoid the debates prior to February’s general election is not expected to go well with millions of voters, many of whom had raised concerns of his penchant for avoiding public scrutiny. Many have taken to social media to criticise him for being absent at Sunday’s debate with one of the other candidates, Rabiu Kwankwaso of the NNPP, taking a jibe at him.
However, the candidate of the ruling party appears unperturbed by the criticisms.
READ ALSO : TINUBU : It’s an insult to mention Funke Akindele’s name in my presence
Read the full statement by Mr Keyamo below.
The APC Presidential Candidate in the forthcoming 2023 Presidential Election, ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU, did not attend the Presidential Debate organised by ARISE TV on Sunday, November 6, 2022, for the following reasons:
Firstly, many radio and TV networks in Nigeria have indicated interest to host such debates and out of deference to other TV and radio stations, our candidate will not be making selective appearances on some networks, whilst ignoring others. As President of Nigeria, by the Special Grace of God, he intends to treat all persons and businesses fairly and equally.
Secondly, the busy and hectic campaign schedules of Asiwaju Tinubu will not permit him to honour all such invitations by different radio and TV networks, hence our decision for him not to start with one TV station and later ignore others.
Thirdly, our candidate had long before now realised the importance of speaking directly to Nigerians and shortly after unfolding his Action Plan as President embarked on Town Hall meetings beginning with his interaction with the Business Community and other stakeholders in Kano followed by the Town Hall meeting and presentation by experts last week in Lagos
Tomorrow, he will be interacting with Agro and Commodity Groups in Minna, Niger State.
Whilst we thank Arise TV for the invitation, we want to assure Nigerians that we shall continue to hold these debate groups and Nigerians in high esteem. Nigerians will hear from our candidate loud and clear through other forums.
Lastly, out of profound respect for Nigerians, we urge all our party structures and supporters at the grassroots to continue to organise town hall meetings to educate Nigerians on the Action Plan of our candidate as we believe a grassroots-approach to reach Nigerians will also be more profound.
. : See What Portable Did After Hoodlums Vandalized His Range Rover
In a . that has gone viral Singer, Portable is seen angrily asking and looking for who vandalized his Range Rover SUV .
It is not clear what led to this action.
See . below :
I Have Taken Enough From You – Peter Obi Fires Back At Dino Melaye
After the attendees of the Arise TV Town Hall Meeting tried to reject Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as speaker, Dino Melaye started blackmailing Peter Obi’s supporters .
This generalization got Peter Obi angry and he called out Dino Melaye .
READ : DAVID HUNDEYIN : Why Peter Obi Should Stop Attending Events Like Arise TV Town Hall Meeting
See the vidoe below :
“I have taken enough from you here”
Peter Obi fires at Dino Melaye over his continuous false utterances at the Arise Tv Townhall meeting
Enough is Enough. Glad Peter Obi spoke up! Obidients RETWEET AGGRESSIVELY pic.twitter.com/YZM190AyCc
— Chlorpheniramine #OBIdients 🇳🇬 (@VictorIsrael_) November 6, 2022
DAVID HUNDEYIN : Why Peter Obi Should Stop Attending Events Like Arise TV Town Hall Meeting
Investigative journalist, David Hundeyin has explained why Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi should stop attending media events organized by TV stations.
Read his tweets below :
‘I do not believe Peter Obi gained anything from taking part in whatever that was on Arise TV last night.
No incumbent party candidate, a horribly biased host and the 3rd candidate sent his vice and Dino Melaye with instructions to heckle Obi.
I personally would have pulled out.
In the aftermath, nobody is talking about whatever points PO made. Everyone is rather talking about the Jerry Springer show that Reuben Abati, Dino Melaye and Ifeanyi Okowa put on.
That was the goal. To rough up Peter Obi on national TV and devalue his candidacy.’
READ : David Hundeyin Named University of Cambridge Fellow
Reacting to the tweet, an Obidient, Uche Okoye wrote :
‘If he had pulled out he would have become the topic for the candidates. If you notice they were all taking a shot at him at every point.’
David Hundeyin replied :
‘Tinubu is the incumbent party’s candidate. The onus is and should always be on him because this election is essentially a referendum on APC, NOT Peter Obi/LP.
I think the Labour Party needs to stop playing into APC/PDP’s games.’
Others who reacted to his tweets, said :
Otu Uke : Sticky Atiku & Tinubu like 2 act like they’re too big 2 share a stage with him. Meanwhile Obi is bigger than 2 of them together. Obi shud up his vawulence. Peace is not an option please. Let’s face INEC. This election is like a gunfight. Let’s stop showing up with flowers
Tomiii : Obi won’t back down from any intellectual discussion even if he has to face lions.
Tinubu has shown not to be interested in anything like that. So is Peter Obi contesting because of Tinubu?
Every opportunity to talk to Nigerians is a good opportunity and he did excellent!
ProfC : On a 2nd thot-!It was ok though that he faced them and debunked a lot of their nonsense. They brought their fact checkers because of PO but he ended up fact checking them